- Investing scams and rip-offs cost investors millions of dollars in hard-earned money every year.
- There are a few simple rules you can follow to avoid scams and rip-offs.
- We lay out many common scams and the “red flags” to watch out for.
- In addition, we provide powerful tools and strategies for avoiding scams and rip-offs.
When it comes to stock market investing, it’s not hard to stay safe.
As long as you trade stocks through a respected brokerage based on your own solid research, you should be able to steer clear of dangerous scams and rip-offs.
In fact, we find that most scams can be avoided by following these three rules:
- If it seems too good to be true, be skeptical
- Do your investing through a reputable brokerage
- Be cautious with the latest red hot investment craze (e.g., Bitcoin, marijuana, etc.)
Below we cover some common scams and how to avoid them…